- This event has passed.
Ambassador Grill & Lounge (American)
December 31, 2019 @ 8:00 PM - 1:00 AM$154
A new venue for The Single Gourmet, Ambassador Grill & Lounge offers inventive international cuisine in New York City’s most distinctive dining space, a postmodern interior landmark from the height of the 1970s disco era. On January 17, 2017, it received Landmark status becoming the city’s 118th Interior Landmark and the youngest structure to ever receive such an honor. Today, Executive Chef Ayman Mustafa carries on the Grill’s cosmopolitan culinary heritage featuring subtle influences from his native Jordan.
Regarding the location: one of the reasons I chose it is because it is close to Grand Central Station (less than 3 crosstown blocks). Regarding transportation: I talked to the concierge, I asked him if it would be difficult to get a taxi at 12:30 or 1 AM after New Year’s Eve, and he said he has been there every New Year’s Eve for the past 23 years, and it was never difficult to get a cab. I am not making any promises in that regard, but that is what he said.
Appetizers (choice of):
- Lobster Bisque – topped with crème fraiche
- 8-ounce Grass-fed Beef Meatball – marinara, basil, parmesan, lemon ricotta
- Pomme Frites – made from sweet potatoes
Winter Apple Salad – baby arugula, spinach, Brussels sprouts, cranberries, feta cheese, caramelized pecans, maple vinaigrette
Entrees (choice of):
- Mediterranean Murray’s Chicken – pearl couscous, peas, shallots, garlic, grape tomato, lemon sauce
- Ora King Salmon – fingerling potatoes, leeks, corn, enoki mushroom, thyme, chowder sauce
- Flat Iron Steak Frites (substitute 14 oz NY Strip Steak +$20) – french fries, arugula, red wine jus
- Triple Chocolate Layer Cake
Note: Consuming raw or undercooked meat, fish, shellfish or eggs increases the risk of foodborne illness.
Paid members of The Single Gourmet: if you do not see the member price below, please click here to log in to the website. If you need assistance logging in, please feel free to contact me.
If you are going to order the NY Strip Steak with the $20 supplement, please write that in the notes field on the checkout page, under “additional information”.
Special Refund Policy for this dinner: Sometimes plans unexpectedly change, which we understand. However, restaurants do impose deposit and guarantee requirements when we plan our events, especially for Dec 31, so we have the following refund policy for this dinner:
If you cancel:
- 11 days (or more) before this dinner, you may cancel for a full refund, less a $10 cancellation fee
- 0-10 days before a dinner (or if you do not show up), no refund or credit