Land of Plenty: Chinese New Year
January 25 @ 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM$79 – $89
Land of Plenty
204 E 58 St
(between 2nd & 3rd Ave)
Saturday, January 25
6:30 PM optional drinks
7:30 PM dinner
$79 prix fixe includes
3 courses, glass of wine, unlimited green tea, tax & tip
$89 for non-members or if RSVP is made after Wed, Jan 22
Come celebrate the Year of the Rat this week with us at an old favorite restaurant of the group. If you were born in 1924, 1936, 1948, 1960, 1972, 1984, 1996, your Chinese zodiac animal is the rat, the first of all Chinese zodiac animals. If you were born in the year of the Rat, don’t take it as an insult — in Chinese culture, rats are seen as a sign of wealth and surplus. Because of their reproduction rate, married couples also prayed to them for children. In terms of the Chinese Yin and Yang theory, a Rat is Yang.
Land of Plenty is Michelin Guide recommended and listed as the inspector’s favorite: “Why do they call it Land of Plenty? Perhaps it’s the abundant flavors amongst the plentiful reasons. And although the focus here is definitely the food, this fiery haven feels more elegant than the other Szechuan spots in midtown. Tucked into a sleek, subterranean space, the décor features marble floors and mosaic-tile walls. A professional service staff helps further set the tone.” We will have a huge Chinese feast with a wide range and variety of different foods. Come hungry. This was a favorite restaurant of our founder Art Fischer who noted that if the restaurant is full of Asians, this means that it has to be a great and authentic restaurant. Gong Hey Fat Choy! (That’s “Happy New Year!” in Chinese.)
Soup (individual choice of):
- Vegetable hot & sour
- Sweet corn egg drop
Appetizers (shared/family style):
- Crispy veggie spring rolls
- Steamed crystal shrimp dumplings
Entrees (shared/family style):
- Fried rice and lo mein (chicken, vegetable, or beef, depending on table preferences)
- Vegetable trio (string beans, snow pea pods, eggplant) w. spicy garlic sauce
- Shredded smoked duck w. ginger & scallion
- Braised brisket of beef stew w. baby bok choy & cellophane noodle
- Shredded pork w. sweet miso & scallion
- Prawn w. spicy garlic sauce
- Crispy whole fish filet w. pine nuts
Note: Consuming raw or undercooked meat, fish, shellfish or eggs increases the risk of foodborne illness.
Refund Policy: Sometimes plans unexpectedly change, which we understand. However, restaurants do impose deposit and guarantee requirements when we plan our events, so we have the following refund policy (NOTE: certain events may have different refund policies):
If you cancel:
- 7 days (or more) before a dinner, you may cancel for a full refund, less a $5 cancellation fee
- 4-6 days before a dinner, you will receive a credit toward a future event, valid for up to 6 months, less a $10 change fee
- 0-3 days before a dinner (or if you do not show up), no refund or credit
Ticketed events (tours, shows, and ANY non-dinner event) are non-refundable within 7 days of the event.
If a dinner or an event is canceled by The Single Gourmet, you will receive a full refund or credit (with no expiration date) toward a future dinner or your annual dues for the full amount with no cancellation or change fee.
Paid members of The Single Gourmet: if you do not see the member price below, please log in to the website. If you need assistance logging in, please contact me.
7 people are attending Land of Plenty: Chinese New Year