- This event has passed.
Kellari Taverna (Greek)
April 1, 2018 @ 5:30 PM - 6:15 PM$86 – $96
19 W 44th St (between 5th & 6th Ave)
Sunday, April 1
5:30 pm optional drinks, 6:15 pm dinner
$86 prix fixe: Greek Feast, glass of wine, coffee/tea, tax & tip
Zagat says that Kellari offers “mouthwatering displays of fresh fish on ice that beckon at this sophisticated Midtown Greek seafood restaurant offering next-flight-to-Athens-quality cooking.” The dining room decor evokes a subterranean wine cellar designed with contemporary elegance. Kellari, which means ”cellar” in Greek, features the traditional Greek taverna specialties and an eclectic selection of contemporary Hellenic savory “mezedes.” A recent article states that “Kellari Taverna is the epitome of classic Greek cuisine with the perfect balance of authenticity and elegance. You can find classic Greek and Mediterranean dishes at Kellari. Moreover, the food is as welcoming as the hospitality that you will receive.
As you enter Kellari and sit at the bar, the words “Enter as Strangers, Leave as Friends” are printed on placards. It is this feeling of warmth and hospitality that pervades the entire experience at Kellari, a cozy Midtown gem with wood-beamed cathedral ceilings, and walls warmed in sunset hues.” Our menu will start with a family-style course of salad, pita with spreads and spanakopita, followed by a choice of lamb, chicken, or sea bass, and an assortment of shared desserts.
First course (family style):
- Farm To Table Assorted mixed greens, frisee, radicchio, organic tomatoes, citrus vinaigrette
- Pikilia assortment of spreads with pita
- Spanakopita fillo pies filled with fresh spinach, herbs and feta
- Lamb Chops grilled with Greek lemon potatoes
- Local Chicken char-grilled bone in breast with oven roasted seasonal vegetables
- Lavraki Fillet grilled Mediterranean sea bass fillet and steamed field greens
Third course (family style):
- Assortment of savory house-made desserts
15 people are attending Kellari Taverna (Greek)